Asian chicken breast with rice and broccoli – This is a wonderful dish which is rich, delicious and luxurious. Although baked in the oven, the chicken breasts remains juicy and full of Asian flavors whilst integrated with wonderful white rice and broccoli.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Chicken Breast - 1 lb
- Water - 1 Cup
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Soya - 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice - From half a lemon
- Onion Powder - 1 Teaspoon (no soup mix - but minced onion powder)
- Crushed Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Crushed Chili - 1 Teaspoon
- Broccoli - 14 oz Frozen bag (found in any 7/11)
- White Rice - Cooked
- Cornstarch - 1 Tablespoon
- Sesame - As Needed
- Clean the chicken from any remaining bones and excess fat and cut into cubes.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a heat resistant pan with high edges.
- Place in a small pot - sugar, soy sauce, water, onion powder and crushed garlic.
- Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and chili and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the pan with the chicken. (Do not put the pot in the sink – we will need it shortly!)
- Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes - after 15 minutes remove the pan, mix the chicken sauce - cover again and put back for another 15 minutes.
- During this time, prepare the rice according to the recipe for white rice.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water with a little lemon and salt. (Boil water in a pot, put in the frozen broccoli - bring to a boil and cook for another second 3-4 minutes – then place in cold water)
- At the end of cooking - Remove from the oven and transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Return the sauce to the pot we used before - add a tablespoon of cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens (a matter of 5-6 minutes)
- Drain the broccoli in water and shake. Use a knife - Remove the thick stems, leaving only the flower heads.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the rice with broccoli.
- Put it in a dish of rice with broccoli, nice amount of chicken pieces, and pour over a lot of thick sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.