Balsamic and honey glazed chicken is delicious and ready fairly quickly. The mix of balsamic vinegar with honey and other ingredients gives a great glaze for chicken; provide smells that are too die for and of course very tasty!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- Yield : 4 - 6
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Chicken Drumsticks - 8 (Thighs are also possible)
- Balsamic Vinegar - ½ cup. For those who really love it - they can put in two-thirds!
- Honey - 1 Full Tablespoon
- Tomato Puree - 3.5 Ounces - Small box
- Chicken Stock - 1/2 Cup - Powder substitute can be sued
- Crushed Garlic - 3 Cloves
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Clean the chicken from any leftover fat and remove the skin.
- Heat olive oil in a large, shallow pot - that has room for all the chicken. (For those who would rather – they can also use Canola Oil)
- When the oil is hot - Place the chicken in carefully (oil jumps!)
- Keep frying the chicken for about 10 minutes on all sides until browned all.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl, turn off the heat and reduce the temperature of the oil.
- When the temperature drops a bit – turn the heat back to a medium levelled heat.
- Add the crushed garlic and fry for a minute until very light brown. (If the garlic burns – chances are the temperature has not been lowered enough - start all over again. Burnt garlic is the worst, trust me!
- Add the tomato paste and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey - Mix well, bring to a boil and cook for about 3 minutes until everything is reduced and thickens.
- When the sauce thickens - lower the heat to a medium flame and return the chicken.
- Cook for 20 minutes with a lid – making sure that every 7-8 minutes you turn the chicken to make sure that they are all completely and evenly covered.
- During these 20 minutes – Make some white rice.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 15 minutes and once again turning the wings over half way through.
Serve over white rice and garnish with chopped chives.