America’s favorite wings - now in your kitchen! Buffalo wings are named after the sauce which originates from Buffalo County in New York (that’s what I’m told!). They are spicy, sour and sweet all in one! Buffalo wings are very popular during the Super Bowl - but also with a game of basketball, football or just as a great snack - these are just the most delicious wings!
Originally, a hot sauce called "Frank's hot sauce" is used when making this dish. I have made my own type of “hot sauce” for this dish from local products and have come to the conclusion (with help from others) that the taste is just as good, if not better!
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Chicken Wings - 2 lbs
- Flour - 3 Full Tablespoons
- Sweet Paprika - 1 Full Tablespoon
- Crushed Chili - 1 Flat Teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1 Flat Teaspoon
- Barbecue Sauce - 1/3 Cup
- Sweet Chili - 1/2 Cup
- Tabasco - 1 Teaspoon (Lightweights can use 1/2 teaspoon!)
- Wine Vinegar - 1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Butter - 1.5 oz Flavored butter or margarine or 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Canola Oil - A lot!
- Clean the wings from any remaining feathers or left over fat. You can leave the skin.
- Cut each wing into 2 parts – cut at the joint. Then remove the “little tail” at the tip of the wing.
- Place all the wings in a small saucepan and fill with water to cover and some and seal the pot.
- Bring to a boil then lower the heat to almost off for another 3 minutes and close.
- Drain the water and wait for the wings to cool off.
- When the wings are cold, place them in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with paprika, garlic and chili.
- Pour the flour mixture over everything and (with your hands!) make sure that all the wings are coated on all sides.
- Warm the oil and fry the wings until brown and transfer them to paper towels.
- In a pan - Melt the butter (or heat the oil).
- Add the barbecue sauce, sweet chilli, vinegar and Tabasco and mix very well until everything is united.
- Put the wings in the pan - Whip and mix until all the wings are covered with sauce from all directions - and continue to fry for another minute and a half.
They are ready! Enjoy!
Best served with fries, onion rings, or nachos.