Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms and onions is a great dish that can also be used as a main course and a first course. It looks a million dollars - but is not complicated to prepare at all. Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms and onions - this dish is super delicious and very impressive at every meal!
- Chicken Breast - 1 lb (you can also use chicken that has already been cut into schnitzel)
- Mushrooms - 1 Basket
- Onion - 1 Large
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Nutmeg - A small amount
- Sweet Paprika - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Crushed Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Breadcrumbs - A lot!
- Olive Oil - 3 Tablespoons - Approx.
- Canola Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Clean the chicken from any left-over feathers, bones or fat.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin slices.
- Using a “schnitzel hammer” - knock each slice and spread it into a thin slice.
- Choose the least nice looking piece and chop it with a knife.
- Slice the mushrooms into slices.
- Slice the onion into half circles.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the onion until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and crushed garlic, season with salt and pepper, nutmeg and red paprika.
- Toss a little and stir.
- Add the chopped chicken breast.
- Stir fry while stirring, until the mushrooms have stopped giving out liquids and the chicken is completely white.
- Wait for the mixture to cool.
- Take a piece of chicken breast - place it flat – 1 ½ cm from the edge place 1 tablespoon of the onion and mushroom mixture – and then roll it up to close!
- Repeat the process until you run out of chicken breast slices.
- Get a flat plate and sprinkle the breadcrumbs all over it.
- Make sure each piece of chicken has been rolled through the breadcrumbs until all is nicely covered and then place in a tray with high sides (it’s probably a good idea to spray the tray with a little cooking spray or grease it a bit).
- Drizzle olive oil over the chicken rolls.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 F.
It’s ready! Yes, it really was as simple as that!
Serve with small potatoes and on a bed of salsa or pepper sauce.
Quick salsa is prepared by taking 3.5 oz of tomato puree and a cup of sweet chili and boiling them together.