For the Chicken!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- As Needed - Don't be scared! Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Fresh Egg
- 2 Full Tablespoons Corn Flour
For the Glaze!
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider also works here! White Wine Vinager
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Soya
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
Bring on the Frying!
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes (approx. 2cm in size) and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken and rub it in with your hands, making sure all pieces are nicely coated.
- Break in the egg and add the cornflour – now mix again with your hands and make sure that all the chicken is nicely covered in the batter.
- Seal with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour. (You can, in the meantime start preparing rice)
- A few minutes before you remove the chicken from the refrigerator - Mix all the ingredients for a good glaze until they become one - be ready.
- Heat the canola oil in a frying pan.
- When the oil is hot - Put the chicken in the pan and begin to fry - until it changes color and begins to brown slightly.
- Now pour in the glaze - Toss and stir until all the pieces are properly coated.
- Continue frying for another 3 minutes until all the sauce thickens and receives a vivid and glowing bright red surface.
- It’s ready!
- Serve over white rice.