Vegetable spring roll appetizer is a classic Chinese meal. But chicken egg roll? This has been an appetizer that can adorn any festive meal. Preparation is very easy and doesn’t take too long. However you should keep an eye out for the spring roll pastry sheets, because they tend to take time to defrost, 12 hours in the fridge or 2 hours out of the fridge. So it is recommended to prepare this dish in advance - because if the sheets have not defrosted properly they will not cook well and will tear.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
Preparation of Chicken Egg Roll Filling
- Cut the peppers into thin strips (less than half a cm)
- Cut the carrot into matchsticks - and reduce them to a length of the strips of peppers.
- Cut the zucchini into strips - and reduce down the rest of the tracks.
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and slice it into strips the thickness of a little less than half a cm.
- Cut the chicken in half width (like schnitzel slices open)
- Cut it into strips about half a centimeter thick.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet.
- When the oil is hot put the carrots and sauté for 2 minutes, until the carrot starts to soften.
- Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and peppers and sauté until all the chicken becomes white - then fry for another minute.
- Remove the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the sesame oil and paprika.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
Preparation of Chicken Egg Roll
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with water – make sure it is neither too thick nor thin.
- Take a cigar leaf (pastry sheet), place almost at the end of some of the mixture (large spoon).
- Close on both sides and roll almost to the end.
- Before the end - Dip the flour mixture and brush across the cigar.
- Roll the egg roll to close.
- Repeat the process until the mixture ends or you run out of pastry sheets.
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Put 3 -4 spring rolls (one by one) at a time and fry until they begin to brown and yellow.
There it is! Serve with sweet and sour sauce or cooking sauce prepared from 80% sweet chili and 20% tomato paste for a few minutes.