I give you chicken marinated in citrus, orange, lemon and sweet honey! This delicious chicken dish is pretty easy to prepare and just oozes smell of citrus...You will not be able to resist this chicken!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Yield : 4 - 6 מנות
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Clean the chicken from any unwanted feathers, fat or bones (you may remove the skin – I like to keep it on!) and then nicely organize them in a tray with high edges.
- Using a knife – make cuts across the chicken (not to the bone).
- Grate the lemon and orange peel on a fine grater.
- Squeeze the orange and lemon in a bowl.
- Add to the bowl – the honey, half the lemon and orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir with a whisk until everything is dissolved and united.
- Pour the mixture into the tray.
- We recommend you keeping it in the refrigerator for a few hours - it helps the flavors penetrate the chicken nicely. You can also simply continue cooking - in that case - massage the chicken with the marinade (using your hands of course!) making sure that everything is nicely coated.
- Sprinkle half of what’s left of the zest grating (the rest can be used for something else)
- Place in the oven to 350F for 1 hour – making sure that every 15 minutes you turn the chicken from all directions.
- In the last 5 minutes in the oven – move the tray to the upper grill in order for the chicken to brown nicely and receive a great crispiness.
Serve with white rice or rice with vegetables.