Chicken stew and bulgur is easy to make, very colorful and very tasty. Excellent warm dish for an family dinner and can be prepared quickly.Print Pin Rate
- 1 Cup Bulgur
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- Half a bag - Frozen Green Peas
- 1 Full Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- Rinse well and drain the bulgur.
- Clean the chicken breast from any leftover fat and bones and cut into cubes of approx 1 cm in size.
- Cut the onion and red pepper into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until it becomes transparent.
- Add the pepper and steam for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the diced chicken and mix well until the chicken changes color to white.
- Add the peas and bulgur (cracked wheat).
- Add the remaining spices and two cups of boiling water.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 20 minutes until the bulgur is ready.