Chicken with olives and tomatoes is actually a Moroccan chicken dish. The dish is slightly sour with a lot of spices - and of course very tasty. Chicken with olives and tomatoes is a wonderful meal for family dinner.
It is recommended to remove the skin of the chicken because it can then absorb the flavors of the dish much better.
- Prep Time :20 minutes
- Cook Time :1h 10 min
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Chicken Drumsticks - 8 Skinless
- Green Olives - 1 Tin can - Seedless (about 20 oz Before filtering water))
- Onion - 1 Big
- Crushed Tomatoes - 14 Ounces
- Tomato Paste - 3.5 Ounces
- Garlic - 2 Cloves - sliced finely
- Sweet Paprika - 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin - 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1 Teaspoon
- Thyme - Pinch
- Salt - As Needed
- Ground Black Pepper - As Needed
- Canola Oil - 3 -4 Tablespoons
- Warm Water - 1/2 a Cup
- Boiling Water - 1 Bowl
- Drain the olives from liquid and place in a bowl with boiling water for about - 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a shallow and wide pan.
- Fry the onion until it becomes translucent and begins to brown.
- Add the chicken to the onion.
- Fry the chicken a few minutes on each side until its color changes completely and begins to brown slightly.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl.
- Add the sliced garlic to the pan and fry for a minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and half a cup of water and stir.
- Bring to a boil and stir again.
- Return the chicken to the pan.
- Drain the olives and sprinkle water over the chicken.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook for an hour on medium-low heat.
- Stir every 20 minutes.
It’s ready! Serve with white rice (highly recommended) or even with couscous with a lot of sauce and olives.