Chicken is one of the most beautiful raw materials for cooking that one can find - because of its neutral taste. As a result - almost any dressing/sauce works. So after giving you a beer chicken recipe – here is another chicken recipe with a different drink - chicken in Coke. Chicken in Coke is sweet, crisp and delicious. Like all chicken recipes - it is easy to make and does not require too much sophistication. You can use your favorite type of soda - as long as it's not a diet (as we all know diet drinks are not suitable for cooking and break down in the heat). So if you want to surprise yourself and your guests with a sweet and delicious chicken recipe – here you go…
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 15 min
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Pour the soda into a bowl.
- Add the honey, ketchup and garlic.
- Stir gently so as not to produce too much foam - until ketchup and honey have dissolved.
- Arrange the chicken in a dish with a border (Pyrex will do the job).
- Pour the mixture over the chicken – so it is literally swimming in it.
- Place in a preheated oven of 390 Fahrenheit for at least an hour and a quarter.
- Every 20 minutes - open the oven and use a spoon to pour the sauce over the chicken generously and continue cooking.
There you have it, chicken in cola, enjoy!
Serve with potatoes or white rice.