Enchiladas is a distinct South American dish. It may have similar names, but everyone is referring to stuffed tortillas. Enchiladas are easy to make but requires a lot of preparatory work. So I recommend making a lot of Enchiladas in advance and just freeze the ones that you dont eat at the moment (before frying) and then defrost when needed. Recommended for serving hot enchiladas and salsa (its easier recipe will be shown at the end) as a first course for a meat dinner. Enchiladas are to be submitted immediately after frying and wait 10-15 minutes to crisp...Print Pin Rate
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Onion
- 1 optional Leek Stalk
- 2 Baskets preferably combine both Portobello and champignon Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Warm Water
- 12 can be bought in any supermarket Tortilla Wraps
- 6 Eggs
- Alot! Breadcrumbs
- Sweet Paprika
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Canola Oil
- In a griddle, Quickly roast the chicken, it needs to be white on the outside and pink inside.
- Once the chicken has cooled down a little bit, cut the chicken into small strips about half a cm think and place in a bowl on the side.
- Chop up the onion
- Chop up the mushrooms into small cubes
- Chop up the leek stalk (half will do)
- Fry the onion in olive oil until it turns a nice golden color
- Add the mushrooms and toss for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the chicken strips, paprika, salt and pepper and sauté a few more minutes until the chicken is ready
- Transfer the mixture into a colander and drain the liquid and let everything cool down at room temperature.
- After cooling the mixture we add the eggs. (For those who want to make a different amount of the recipe - it is the ratio of egg for every 2 chicken breasts) and mix very well.
- Heat each tortilla up in a large pan (or even in the microwave)
- Mix the flour with a little warm water until it becomes a light thick mixture. Do not taste (when it is not cooked - this is a very, very strong adhesive).
- Take each tortilla up, and place almost on the edge (give some 4-5 cm from the edge) of the filling line. Approximately 3 tablespoons of filling will be fine. It should be full but not packed - and leaving 3 inches on each side.
- This step is for anyone who has ever made eggrolls or cigars in the past, they should know this bit automatically - Cover with tortillas trail we left edge the filling, fold in the sides of the tortilla and roll almost to the end.
- Spread the edge and seal the flour mixture.
- Continue these steps until you unfortunately run out of tortillas.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat well - there will be several eggs.
- Dip each tortilla into the egg mixture and then cover with breadcrumbs (all sides)
- Very fit salsa enchiladas requires almost no effort. Take tomato paste, sweet chili add it (about 70% ratio of 30% paste and chili), put in a pot, stir and bring to a boil.
- To serve: take a half deep dish, pour salsa on it, cut the enchiladas in half diagonally (as pictured) beautiful place and sprinkle with parsley sauce.
- Bon Appetit!