An especially healthy dish, chicken on the grill with fried vegetables in an Asian sauce is simply super delicious! The chicken breast gets nicely charred on the griddle pan, after that, it is fried and cooked with the rest of the fresh vegetables to make a balanced, healthy and delicious meal.
The sauce was made with a kosher substitute and can be found in any oriental food store.
- Prep Time :10 minutes
- Cook Time :10 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Chicken Breast - 1
- Zucchini - 2 Medium
- Cabbage - 1/3 Head
- Mushrooms - 6-7
- Onion - 1 Medium
- Red Pepper - 1 Large
- Sweet Paprika - As Needed
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Hoy Sauce - 1/3 Cup
- Tabasco - 1 teaspoon (for the brave = 1 tablespoon - for those who dont like it too hot, just a few drops)
- Sesame Oil - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Olive Oil - 2 Teaspoons
- Clean the chicken and cut it down the middle to make shnitzels
- Chop the onion, zucchini and pepper into strips
- Chop the cabbage into strips
- Remove the stalk from the mushroom and cut the head into quarters
- Heat a griddle pan without oil (or a bit of spray oil)
- When the pan is hot, lay the chicken on the pan and sprinkle sweet paprika, salt and pepper
- Grill for 1 and 1/2 minutes until the chicken becomes white and charred stripes
- Flip and sprinkle on the other side salt and pepper
- When the other side is also white with charred stripes - transfer the chicken to a plate. The chicken does not need to be ready at this point
- Place the chicken on a cutting board, cut into quarters and put them back on the plate
- Either in a large pan or a wok, heat up the olive oil
- When the oil is hot - place inside all the vegetables and stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes until they begin to bring out liquids
- Pour the hoy sauce inside and begin to mix
- Add the chicken, the tabasco and the sesame oil and again...mix!
- Cook whilst stirring for another 7-8 minutes until the chicken is fully ready
That's it! not so hard right? Enjoy!
You may serve as is or with rice or noodles.