Hawaiian Wings are particularly delicious that come with a sweet pineapple sauce. The combination of frying the wings with a tempura coating gives it the wonderful crisp and then mixing with the pineapple sauce, gives it that sweetness! Super easy to make, super fun to prepare and of course…super-delicious. Not much more to say apart from enjoy!Print Pin Rate
- 2 lb Chicken Wings
For the Tempura
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 - Fresh! Egg
- 1 Cup Cornflour
- For Deep Frying Canola Oil
For the Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons - Cut into cubes Canned Pineapple
- 3/4 Cup Canning pineapple juice
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 5 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Soya
- Clean the wings from any unwanted fat, feathers or bones.
- Cut them down the middle into two halves.
- Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and one-third cup of cornflour and mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for fifteen minutes.
- Break an egg and mix it in nice and good.
- Pour the rest of cornflour and mix everything nicely with your hands until everything is nicely coated in the batter!
- Warm the oil to 350 F.
- Fry the tempura coated wings until the tempura begins to crisp and slightly yellow – not all the way!
- Note that, at this point, you may see a red liquid on the wings. It is not blood and there is no problem here - it's a process that happens when deep frying wings. Ignore - and at the end of the recipe, the liquid disappears.
- Place the wings on kitchen paper.
- Arrange the wings in heat resistant pan with edges in one layer.
- In a small pot, place in all the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil while stirring. Once the sauce is united - turn off and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour four-fifths of the sauce into the pan/tray and sprinkle the diced pineapple.
- Place the pan in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes - Remove the pan, and using a brush - cover the rest of the sauce back wings (what's left after brushing - Pour into it)
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- It’s ready!
- Transfer the wings into a serving dish and sprinkle the cooked pineapple.