I decided I want to try something new - I took the classic tempura and added mustard, the outcome was very very tasty! I tossed them with barbecue sauce and sweet chili – which just completed the dish to perfection. This chicken tempura in mustard dish is surprising and delicious, and of course - very easy to prepare. Try it and you'll be surprised!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Chicken Breast - 1
- For the Tampura
- Flour - 1 Full Tablespoon
- Cornflour - 1 Full Tablespoon
- Egg - 1
- Paprika - 1 Tablespoon
- Mustard - 1 Full Teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - As Needed
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- For the Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce - 2 Tablespoons
- Sweet Chili - 4 Tablespoons
- White Wine Vinager - 1 Tablespoon
- For the Frying!
- Canola Oil - For deep frying
- Clean the chicken breast from leftover fat and bones.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes (2 cm or so).
- Put the chicken breast cubes in a bowl - add the tempura ingredients to a bowl and put the chicken pieces in as well – making sure all pieces are nicely coated.
- If there is time - wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour. If not - move on.
- Heat oil for deep frying (350 F) - and fry the pieces of chicken tempura in groups (each time a few chunks - not to interfere with each other).
- Fry until brown and transfer to paper towels.
- When all the pieces are ready - Prepare the sauce.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet.
- When the oil is hot - Add the sauce ingredients, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan.
- Toss and stir until all the pieces are coated with sauce - and transfer to a bowl.
Serve with white rice.