Oven Baked Sweet Chili Wings - Very easy to prepare - and in the end there is a very tasty dipping sauce. Sweet and spicy wings are designed for people who like spicy wings - and prefer to do it in the oven and avoid frying. Enjoy!Print Pin Rate
- 2.2 lbs Chicken Wings
For the marinade
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons especially spicy pepper sauce - can be found in supermarkets or specialty stores sriracha sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Soya Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Small amount Oil spray
- 1 Teaspoon Cornflour
- Clean the wings from any left over feather and fat. Cut the wing down the middle into two.
- Spray a little oil on a heat resistant pan with high edges.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl very well. (Note - the brave can add a little more sauce)
- Divide the sauce into 2 parts: one half pour over wings. The other half - leave in a bowl.
- Mix the wings well, making sure each and every piece is covered. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Heat up the oven to 400F.
- Place the wings in the oven for 40 minutes. After the first 20 minutes, remove from the oven, flip the wings and place back in the oven for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the other half of the sauce in a small pot with a teaspoon of cornstarch - and bring to a boil.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes whilst occasionally stirring, until a nice "thickness" is reached.
- It really is as simple as that.....Enjoy!
- Plate the dish nicely and have the dipping sauce on the side.