Chicken breast can be a very tedious business. Again schnitzel? Grilled again? Maybe not. Chicken breast can be very tasty and surprising. How do we do it? Give an initial flavor to chicken breast - then coat it with the same great sauce. Spicy chicken breast topped with honey and garlic is a great recipe for those who want to enhance their current chicken dish. The double dipping guarantees a nice crispy coating, accompanied by a plethora of exciting flavors and a nice bite of light spiciness…
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Chicken Breast - 1 Pound
- Eggs - 2
- Water - 3 Tablespoons
- Flour - 3 Cups
- Canola Oil
- Spice mix:
- Salt - 3 Teaspoons
- Ground Black Pepper - 3 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Thyme - Two branches or one-third teaspoon - dry
- Paprika - 2 heaping tablespoons
- Crushed Chili - 1 Teaspoons
- Honey and garlic sauce:
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Crushed Garlic - 4 Cloves
- Honey - 1/2 Cup
- Soya - 50 ml (1/4 cup)
- Ground Black Pepper - Teaspoon
- Clean the chicken well and get rid of any unwanted extras like fat and bones.
- With a good knife, cut the schnitzels to the desired size (I like to make long strips about 1 cm thick)
- In a wide bowl, put the flour, salt and pepper seasoning - mix very well with a fork.
- In another bowl, beat eggs with water.
- Get a large empty bowl.
- Begin the assembly line - Dip each piece of chicken into the spice mix and then the egg - and then place in an empty bowl.
- We will now continue this routine until all the chicken is completely coated in flour and egg.
- Check the level of the flour - if we have too little – simply add more flour and spices!
- Now take each coated piece - and dip it back in flour and place on a large plate.
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan (about half a cm in height)
- Fry the chicken pieces on both sides for 2-3 minutes until they are nicely browned and remove to paper towels.
- When finished frying all of them - let them soak for 5 minutes (in the meantime you can start with the rice).
- Large pan (one that can fry schnitzels in - just clean it very well), heat the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot - Crush in the garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the honey, soy sauce and black pepper - and immediately reduce the heat to half.
- When it all starts bubbling - Put the chicken in one go at a time, cover both sides and then move them to a box.
You now have the most delicious chicken dish ever – serve with white rice.