I made many attempts until I got this recipe of spicy wings crispy and spicy (some might say as good as Kentucky Fried Chicken!). I tried all sorts of combinations of spices, all kinds of ingredients - and finally I went back to the source and used the basic products, and the result was amazing. For those of you who like fried wings, you must try! True, the best experience was with regular milk but the result is not exactly kosher - but I've also tried parev soy milk - and the result is just as good and is perfect for you kosher keepers out there. Preparation is very simple and the result is so delicious...Print Pin Rate
- 2 Pounds Chicken Wings
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- Tablespoon can be sweet paprika aswell Hot Paprika
- A pinch Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup For those of you who do not keep kosher, regular milk works too Soya Milk
- Canola Oil
- Optional Cold Chicken Stock
- Clean the wings from unnecessary scraps, feathers and other things.
- With a good knife - cut each wing into two parts - at the joint.
- Fill a not so large pot with water or with chicken stock.
- Put the wings into the pot - Cover and bring to a boil.
- After boiling, lower the heat and cook over a very low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain the wings – then wait for them to cool off.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coating: In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, garlic, baking powder and egg and beat with a whisk.
- Begin to pour milk slowly, stirring until you get a thick but smooth mixture - that is without lumps and not very sticky.
- Take all the wings and make sure they are all covered well with a nice layer of the coating.
- Heat oil in a deep pot – at 350 fahrenheit.
- When the oil is boiling put the wings in groups of 5 - 6 every time, so they are not all stuffed in at once.
- When wings are golden – transfer them to paper towels.
- There you have it! Enjoy!
- Serve with good chips and a bowl for the bones!