Sweet and sour chicken with vegetables is a delicious Asian style dish - just like in restaurants. Rich sauce, juicy chicken and crispy vegetables - you will lick your fingers!
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Chicken Breast - 1
- Salt - A pinch
- Flour - 1/3 cup
- Crush Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Onion - 1 Medium
- Red Pepeprs - 1
- Carrot - 1 Medium
- Green Beans - A handful - frozen
- Sweet and Sour Sauce!
- Tomato paste - 3.5 oz (small pack)
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar - 1/8 Cup
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Cornflour - 1 Teaspoon
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Extras that you will need
- Sesame Oil - A few drops
- Canola Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Clean up the chicken from any left over fat and feathers.
- Slice the peppers into long thin slices.
- Cut the onion into "half rings".
- Slice the carrot into thin circles.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Place the chicken in a bowl, pour in a pinch of salt and 1/3 cup of flour.
- Using your hands! - mix the chicken well until every piece is fully covered.
- In a large pan (or wok) heat a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the chicken strips and fry, stirring (chicken breasts tend to stick together - separate them!) with a wooden spoon. Fry them until golden.
- Remove the golden chicken pieces from the pan and place onto paper towels.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and heat up again.
- Add the crushed garlic and sliced onion in -fry for a minute.
- Add the remaining chopped vegetables and stir-fry for another minute.
- Pour in the sauce!
- Add the chicken strips.
- Stir and cook until the sauce thickens (a matter of 3-4 minutes)
All done! BonApetit!
You can serve with rice, noodles or as a great dish on its own!