After we cracked the secret of my favourite potato chips it's time to crack another secret gem. After many trials and all kinds of combinations - we are proud to present you with the recipe for everyone favourite crispy, fried and spicy wings! The recipe is also suitable for other chicken parts with skin like drumsticks and thighs.
- Chicken Wings - 2 lb
- Flour - 1 1/2 Cup
- Hot Paprika - 1 Tablespoon (For the lighthearted - you can use sweet paprika
- Garlic Powder - 1 Tablespoon
- Onion Powder - 1 Tablespoon (Onion powder, NOT onion soup powder!)
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Egg - 1
- Milk - 1/2 Cup (You can use soy milk also!)
- Canola Oil - For the deep-fry!
- The original recipe is with milk - but we tested the recipe on soy milk and turned out great!
- Clean the chicken from any unwanted fat, feathers or bones.
- Cut the wings in half down the middle- try and keep them with the skin.
- Mix the flour and all the spices.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg and the milk with a whisk until everything is united.
- Take each wing – dip it into the egg and then cover with the flour - and put on a clean plate. Repeat this, until all wings are coated.
- And now - take the coated wings and dip again and then coat with flour, (if you run out of flour - renew it and do not forget to add the appropriate amount of spices) and transfer to a plate.
- Heat canola oil for deep frying in a “chipser” or a pot to 350 F.
- Place the wings in at intervals (can be crowded but not too much) and fry 7-8 minutes at least until they are browned.
- Remove to paper towels.
Fast food may not be the healthiest recipe - but what a pleasure!
Serve the wings with good fries or onion rings.