The doughnut is the star of Hanukkah. No matter how much some delicious pancakes are made - they have no chance against the soft and juicy donut. This is an ancient recipe handed down from my great grandmother and onwards - it is so simple and so delicious. So when my mother was not looking - I stole it from her and made them myself - and here, just for you a recipe for the best homemade donuts for Hanukkah.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 35 donuts
- Put all ingredients in a bowl - except oil, jam and powdered sugar.
- Put in your hands until a nice unified and sticky mixture is formed.
- In a deep saucepan, heat some oil.
- When the oil is boiling - take two teaspoons. One spoon with the mixture and with the second spoon - oil and gently toss it.
- Sauté for 3 minutes until donuts becomes brown on one side - turn and fry on the other side until brown.
- Remove to a bowl with paper towels.
- After we made all the donuts - wait a few minutes for them to cool down.
- Inject jam with a syringe (ideally this would be a jam without pieces). If the jam is too thick – make it a bit lighter by placing in it a little boiling water and stirring.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
and there you have it, perfect homemade Hannukah donuts....