Marble cake is rich, delicious, easy to prepare and just what you need when guests arrive at short notice or when you’ve finished cooking for Shabbos and you suddenly remember you forgot to bake a cake, or when you just feel like a very delicious cake!
- Prep Time :20 minutes
- Cook Time :35 minutes
- Separate the egg, placing the yolk and the protein into two separate bowls.
- Whip the egg (white) sugar with a mixer at high speed until a nice stable foam has been made.
- Meanwhile, let’s mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Reduce the speed and gradually add the egg yolks (yellow), flour with baking powder (carefully spoon after spoon), orange juice and oil.
- Pour into a round pan (24-26 or 2 large “loaf pans”/”English cake”) 3/4 of the mixture.
- Stir the mixture with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Pour the cocoa mixture in a nice stream into the mold with the white mixture.
- Stir gently with a wooden skewer or thin knife for that marble effect.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit 35-40 minutes until the cake is firm.