Strawberries and whipped cream cake is birthday cake for many children. There is no doubt that the successful combination of fresh strawberries and cream on a bed of sweet indulgent biscuit cake - just do it. Too bad there's only winter strawberries and cake every year ... especially recommended for birthdays, happy events and just as a treat in the middle of the day! While preparing the cake takes time, and it is not very easy to prepare - believe me, it is worth every minute. Please note that you need to make the cake at least a day in advance.Print Pin Rate
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon
- A Pinch Salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
For the Filling
- 2 Baskets Strawberries
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Sweet Cream
- 2 Bags 5.5 Ounces as a whole. Instant vanilla pudding
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 a Cup Boiling Water
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
Take care of the strawberries about 4-5 hours in advance:
- Finely chop 1 basket and mix with 2 tablespoons of sugar - and refrigerate.
- A second package Slice thinly and beautiful (you can use deploy eggs - but cut down), place on a plate and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar and refrigerate.
- Take the second basket and finely slice the strawberries into lovely slices (you may use an egg slicer, but be careful and cut to length), cover with 2 tablespoons of sugar and place in the fridge.
Now let’s prepare the cake:
- Place all ingredients except flour and mix in a bowl (no need to separate eggs) and beat at a high speed for a beautiful foam.
- Reduce the speed and gradually add the flour.
- Take a dish and grease the sides - then place baking paper at the bottom.
- Pour all inside the pan and bake at 340 Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes.
- While baking, the cake rises and then falls in and ends up looking pretty scuzzy, but don’t worry, it means nothing.
- Meanwhile, mix whipped cream with pudding and milk until a firm cream has been made.
- Once the cake has cooled cut it very carefully through the middle. The incision does not have to be a completely level because it is very soft and in any case you will lose height during assembly due to the absorption of the juice of the berries.
- In a small pan, on a medium heat, melt the sugar in boiling water and then turn off the flame.
- Remove the strawberries from the refrigerator and drain the juice into a bowl.
- Mix the juice with the melted sugar.
- Setting up the Cake!
- Strawberries and cream cake - the first layer with chopped strawberries.
- After cutting the cake, place one layer on a flat surface and clothe her back to the sides of the serving dish (without the base). This way the cake will keep its form.
- Sprinkle half the sugar syrup mixed with strawberry juice over the cake.
- Sprinkle 2/3 the amount of chopped strawberries.
- Place strawberries over two thirds the amount of whipped cream.
- Over all this place another layer of cake, drizzle the remaining syrup and sprinkle with the chopped strawberries in the other.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries over the cake in beautiful fan shape and then with the remaining whipped cream, decorate (with the help of a pastry bag or a pastry syringe).
- You can also simply rub the cream over the chopped strawberries and sliced strawberries to decorate.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight and in the meantime enjoy the leftover whipped cream and strawberries.
- Bon Appetit!