Looking for a great treat for guests? Want to bake great cookies for Shabbos? These tahini cookies are delicious and easy to prepare. I recommend you to serve them as soon as guests come, at special events and much more!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- White Flour - 15 oz - sifted
- Baking Powder - 1 Bag
- Tahini - 1 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 2 teaspoons - highly recommended. Those who do not have extract should use only one teaspoon of real vanilla extract
- Date Honey/Syrup ( - 1 Cup
- Halva - Tablespoon and a half -
- Butter - 7 oz - at room temperature - in an emergency you can also use margarine
- Sesame Seeds - Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Take a teaspoon of Halva (out of the box, not the recipe), eat and start working!
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl or mixer.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Cut into small or large balls, to desired taste and size. Shape into the general form of a cookie. Its ok if the shape doesn’t come out symmetric!
- Those who would like, now would be the time to sprinkle on a little sesame.
- Arrange on baking paper and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are light brown (any more than light brown means burnt and not so tasty!)
Wait for 10 minutes whilst the cookies cool. Now let’s see how long they last!