Chocolate cake is probably the world's most popular, or at least the children's favourite cake In the world. Here is a recipe for a layered chocolate cake that is particularly delicious.Print Pin Rate
- 200 gram 7 oz Quality dark chocolate
- 5 Ounces Butter
- 7 Eggs separated
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee
- 3.5 Ounces Chopped walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- Beat the egg whites with sugar until it becomes a stiff and glossy foam.
- Put the butter or margarine with dark chocolate into the microwave for 1 minute. If not all the chocolate has melted - stir the mixture until complete melting of the chocolate. You cannot put the chocolate in the microwave for too long because otherwise it will burn.
- After melting, add the cognac and coffee.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with egg whites and yolks wrapping delicate movements (the so-called "folding")
- Divide the mixture into two.
- Store one half in the refrigerator.
- For the second half add the nuts and flour.
- Mix very well and pour into a round spring form pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake the chocolate mixture and the nuts at 350 Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- When the cake is baked take it out of the oven and cool to room temperature.
- After the cake has cooled use the second half of the mix we kept in the refrigerator to smoothly cover the first now baked cake.
- Return to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours. It is also possible to freeze.
- You now have a chocolate cake with two layers - enjoy!
- If you want to ensure a beautiful cutting of the cake it is recommended to use a long, sharp knife, dipped in boiling water.
- If you want you can add another layer of whipped cream or whipped cream decoration but the cake itself is already very “rich”.