Fish and chips - a traditional English dish. Fish coated in a crisp coating and deep-fried with chips. The fish used in this recipe is cod. You can find the perfect recipe for potato chips fish and chips here. Tartar sauce recipe can be found here.Print Pin Rate
- You can buy in any 7/11 - Thaw before use! Cod Fish Fillets
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Chili
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 330 ml Goldstar, Heineken or Tuborg Beer
- For Deep Frying Canola Oil
- Lightly clean the fish from any bones, leftover edges and everything not fish!
- At this point, dry the fish as much as possible.
- If it’s a long fish – you can and should cut them in half.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, paprika, chili and black pepper.
- Transfer a quarter to a broad plate.
- Coat all the fish in flour on all sides. And place on a plate.
- In a bowl - Add the left over coating and add the baking powder.
- Gradually add the beer to the bowl, stirring with a whisk until a smooth, thick paste (one that does not stay on the whisk - but not watery either!).
- Any beer left? Drink up!
- Heat oil in a deep pot (about 350 Fahrenheit)
- Take all the coated fish fillets – Place them in a bowl of batter and using your hands, make sure they are completely covered!
- When the oil is boiling – a few at a time, place the fish and fry until golden brown.
- Remove to kitchen towels.
- It’s ready!
- Serve with fries, tartar sauce and vegetables.
- Bon Appetit!