Everyone knows that the hamburger is one of the favorite foods of the world. The problem is that most people eat their hamburgers outside, without knowing what quality the meat is and what else they put inside. Due to the fact that hamburgers are made from minced meat, it is very important to take care when making the burgers. It's so simple and easy to prepare. True, a good juicy burger is prepared with fine minced lamb or entrecote - but these are not always available. Here you have a recipe for a hamburger you can make with regular ground meat you buy at the supermarket and usually would have at home.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 3 -4 קציצות
- 1 Pound Ground Meat
- 1/2 Tablespoon - chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 14 Teaspoon Crushed Chili
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 cup Soda
- Tablespoon or 1 Ounce of fat of lamb Canola Oil
- 2 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 - optional Shata pepper
- In a bowl, place the ground beef, chopped parsley, paprika, chili pepper, salt and cumin crushed garlic.
- For the brave, you can add a centimeter or two of finely chopped “Shata” peppers.
- Add the oil (if you have lamb fat, it will enrich the flavor immensely!)
- Add the club soda. This is not baking soda - but a bottle of soda water. Soda water has a great feature that makes the meat and spices and fat stick together nicely.
- Stir until everything is well blended – with your hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour. This is the soda and oil tie the meat into one tasty piece of mashed meat!
After an hour, take it out of the fridge and get a cutting board (recommended to pad it with baking paper, so it will be easier to separate later) prepare the burger in the following way:
- If you have a ring (like on the pictures) - place it on the board and mash in as much meat as possible and make sure it is compressed nicely! If you do not have a ring to use, you can always take a bowl or lid and turn it upside down. The main thing is to have a round burger. The goal is to make sure both sides of the patty stay flat with no bumps etc, thus allowing it to fry in one piece!
- After preparing the patties (from a pound of ground beef, you should get between 3 and 4 beautiful burgers)
- Put them in the fridge for another hour.
- After our patties have been in the fridge for another hour, take them out and preheat a cast iron grill pan which has been lightly oiled.
- When the pan and oil are hot - Place the burger. If you heard a "tsssssss" sound – you’ve done it at the right time.
- Grill the burgers for a few minutes on each side (looking at the side of the patty to get an idea of progress- dotn forget it is grilled outside more than inside, so be careful). The recommended colour you should be aiming for is medium, on the verge of a medium - rare.
- And it’s Ready! Serve straight from the pan with nice round roll with garlic mayonnaise, barbecue sauce and even some ketchup or sweet chili with lettuce, tomato, red onion and pickles, along with potato chips or onion rings or spicy.