laham ajeen or Lhmag'on is a kind of Turkish pizza which combines airy pizza dough with a spiced meat mixture…..super-delicious! The combination is of course amazing. Lahmi bajin is originally made with lamb, but beef is just as good!
- Prep Time : 60 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 3 פיצות
- For the Dough
- Flour - 10.5 oz
- Yeast - 1/2 Tablespoon - approx 0.25 oz
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Warm Water - 1 Cup
- Olive Oil - 2 and a half tablespoons for the dough and then some for later
- For the meat mix
- Ground Meat - 1 lb
- Red Pepper - 1
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Garlic Cloves - 2
- Tomato Puree - 3.5 oz (1 small box)
- Sweet Paprika - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - As Needed
- Ground Black Pepper - As Needed
- Cumin - 1 Teaspoon
- Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Extras - Optional
- Lemon wedges
Let's start with the dough!
- With the help of a mixer, mix the yeast and flour on a low speed to start.
- Gradually add 2 and half tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the salt.
- Add the water slowly and continue to mix until the dough is quite sticky yet solid.
- Sprinkle a little flour over the dough, seal the bowl with a towel - and leave it to rise until it doubles in size.
Preparing the meat
- Finely chop the red pepper.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Chop the tomatoes - without the seeds.
- Chop the garlic cloves (don’t crush them).
- Put everything in a bowl with meat, spices, tomato paste and olive oil.
- Mix everything with your hands until all becomes unified.
- Seal with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough finishes rising.
Making the laham ajeen!
- The dough should be quite sticky – therefore you should flour up your hands and the work surface.
- Divide the dough and form 3 balls.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll each ball long and wide - not thin (about half a cm thick).
- Place the filling on the dough (about half a cm in height) nicely thin out the dough - leaving a border of at least one centimeter all the way around.
- Spread olive oil on the sides.
- Put the bottom of the oven at 480F for 10 minutes.
and it's ready!
Serve with tahini or lemon wedges.