What's more fun than meatballs? Meatballs in the oven with garlic and honey! Although cooking in the oven means no sauce, the meatballs retain their juiciness and softness because of the red pepper and onion that release liquid during baking, and of course – mixing the dish at the end in a great thick sauce, sweet and rich. The recipe is made without the addition of oil. This recipe contains the use of Worcester sauce - you can get it at any normal 7/11. It is recommended to have at any event. For those who do not have that sauce – they should take two teaspoons of honey, a little salt, a pinch of chili, and a few drops of lemon. Anyway, with real sauce your dish will always be tastier!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 18 -20 MeatBalls
For the meatballs:
- 1 Pound Ground Meat
- Half a small pepper a third is also big enough Red Pepper
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Teaspoons Soya Sauce
- 2 teaspoons or the substitute that i mentioned above Worcester Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Honey and garlic sauce:
- 250 ml you can also use powder Beef Stock
- 2-4 Cloves - depends how much you like garlic! Crushed Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Heavy tablespoon Cornflower
- 4-5 drops Optional Tabasco
- Per Taste Ground Black Pepper
- Finely chop the pepper.
- Grate the onion using a grater. (For those who don’t have patience - place the pepper and onion in a food processor until they become mush)
- Put the pepper and onion in a bowl with the egg, bread crumbs, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Add the ground beef.
- Mix with your hands well and good until everything becomes a unified mix.
- Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes. (Or more - up to two hours)
- 3-4 minutes before the end of the cooling, light the oven to 450 Fahrenheit and line a tray with baking paper.
- Remove the meat from the fridge, roll balls and arrange nicely on the baking paper.
- When the balls are ready - put them in the oven for 20 - 18 minutes and not one second more! Otherwise the balls will dry!
- (whilst the dish is in the oven, I recommended to prepare white rice).
- Remove the balls from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, take a large skillet and turn the flame on.
- When the pan is hot - Crush garlic into it and give it 10-15 seconds to get the heat and soften.
- Add the beef stock, honey, and cornstarch and for those who’d like that extra kick – now is the time for Tabasco!
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon until the sauce thickens nicely.
- Put in the meatballs - Toss and stir until everything is covered with sauce.
- Transfer the recipe to a bowl.
- Plate up and enjoy!
- Meatballs baked in the oven with garlic and honey and without the smallest drop of oil. Delicious and rich!
- Serve with white rice.