Who says meatballs have to simmer in sauce? Fancy diversifying your meatballs? Here is a great recipe of meatballs topped with fried bread crumbs making them crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside - and very, very tasty. This recipe is designed for those who want to diversify their current knowledge of meat and surprise your family and guests with a fun meal that is desired to eat with your hands!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 20 כדורים
- 1 Pound Ground Meat
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 large ripe and beautiful! Tomatoes
- 1 Red Peppers
- 1/3 Bundle Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Chili
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 4 or the equivalent in amount of Shabbos Challah! Bread Slices
- 2 Eggs
- As Needed Salt
- Canola Oil
- Finely chop the onion.
- Finely chop the tomato.
- Cut the red pepper coarsely (but not too large).
- Finely chop the coriander.
- Heat a large pan with about 2 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is hot - fry the onion with the pepper until the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add the ground beef, chopped tomatoes, spices and salt.
- Fry over a high heat, stirring until the meat changes color.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium - and continue to cook, stirring occasionally - until all the liquid evaporates.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- When the mixture cools - take the bread, wet it and squeeze it thoroughly!
- Crumble it into the mixture and break in the eggs.
- Place the contents in a bowl and mix everything together into a smooth mixture.
- In a small bowl mix flour and breadcrumbs - using a ratio of one-third flour and two-thirds bread crumbs.
- Form balls from the mixture – with wet hands! roll in flour and bread crumbs and place on a seperate plate.
- Repeat these motions until all the meat is finished and all the balls are ready.
- Heat oil in a deep pan at a high heat!
- When the oil is boiling - place the balls gently in the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden.