I give you meatballs with a surprising and refreshing combination of tahini, red pepper and garlic. Juicy, very tasty and quick and simple to prepare, this is an excellent dish for weekends and holidays. These patties are also excellent for kebabs for the barbecue - instead of frying, place on a BBQ over hot coals!
- Prep Time : 45 minutes
- Cook Time : 10 minutes
- Yield : 20 - 25 קציצות
- Ground Meat - 1 Pound
- Onion - 1
- Red Pepper - 1
- Garlic Cloves - 3
- Tahini - 1 Tablespoon - preferably from sesame seeds!
- Eggs - 1
- Sweet Paprika - 1 Tablespoon
- Oregano - 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped Cilantro - 1 Tablespoon (optional)
- Crushed Chili - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - To Taste (less then usual, Tahini is very salty)
- Ground Black Pepper - To Taste
- Breadcrumbs - 3 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Canola Oil - For Frying!
- Finely chop the red pepper and onion. Don’t be lazy….invest your time - it will pay off! It is not recommended to use a food processor - we want the vegetables chopped and not liquid...
- Do the same with the cloves. Mash them with the back of the knife - and chop 'em up a little small!
- Put all ingredients into a bowl (except canola) and mix with your hands to a smooth texture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Take it out from the fridge - and with wet hands, form meatballs.
- Heat a large pan with half an inch of canola oil.
- Fry the meatballs until they are browned on both sides. Because of the Tahini, the meatballs will not brown much, so be careful!
- Place them onto kitchen paper (to soak up the oil!)
Serve with chips, rice, and a side of vegetables.