Mushrooms stuffed with meat is the perfect meat appetizer for any meal. They are super easy to make, full of great flavors, look great and overall are very impressive! Mushrooms stuffed with meat is also a great dish for any buffaet menu, or when you have guests at short notice or any festive occasion!
- Prep Time :10 minutes
- Cook Time :15 minutes
- Mushrooms - 2 baskets (Champaignon or Portobello Mushrooms)
- Ground Beef - 1/2 Lb
- Onion - 1 Small
- Crushed Garlic - 1
- Hoi Stir Sauce - 1 Tablespoon (optional)
- Olive Oil - Per taste
- ground Black Pepper - Per taste
- Salt - Per taste
- Mix of Italian herbs - 1 Teaspoon (you can find in the supermarket - if you do not - ½ teaspoon oregano and ¼ teaspoon thyme will do the trick)
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms. You need to fully remove the stalk, if there is a small bit left - remove it with the help of teaspoon
- Chop the mushroom stalks - you will only need half the amount. The other half you can nibble on whilst cooking or store in the garbage!
- Finely chop the onion
- Heat up a pan with a small amount of olive oil
- When the oil is hot, add the onion, mushroom stalks and the crushed garlic
- For those who please - you can add some "hoy sauce" - optional, adds that extra falvor
- Fry for approx 3 - 4 minutes until the mushrooms have fully softened and then remove them and place them in a bowl to cool down
- Place the mushroom heads in a bowl and slightly salt them, pepper them and sprinkle some olive oil. Mix well (with your hands!) until all the mushroom heads are completely covered with the mix
- Mix the meat with the onion/mushroom stalk mix until the mix becomes solidified
- Fill the mushroom heads with the meat mix (generously) and organize neatly in an oven dish
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of olive oil on each mushroom
- Place in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes
They're ready! Sit back and enjoy!
Tip - You can sprinkle a small amount of tahini on the mushrooms before serving.