Tortilla filled with chili con carne is a great idea for those who want to diversify their dinner - and looking for a light and fun way to do it. Chili Con Carne rolled tortilla with fresh vegetables and fresh salsa. It is recommended to prepare when you have guests - great dish and an interest for the evening. Just put any extras in a separate bowl and let the guests choose what and how they want to roll...
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Fry the onion until golden.
- Add the meat and stir well until the meat dries out any fluid, make sure to mix all the time so the meat will not stick and burn.
- When the meat is dry, add the white wine and cook until all the liquid evaporates.
- Add the white beans with sauce.
- Add tomato paste with a little water and mix well.
- Lower to a medium heat and wait for the liquid to evaporate a little (not to get completely dry!)
- Ready? Good, give the pot some time to cool a bit and in the meantime make the additions:
- Cut the lettuce into long, thin strips, diced tomatoes and chop the chili finely. You can mix the chili with tomatoes or separately to control the spicy kick.
- Cut green onion however you like.
- Hungry? Good, let’s begin:
- Heat the tortillas on a striped skillet to give a little scorch on each side.
- Any extras fill to a ¼ in order to keep it easy to role the tortilla.
- You’ve got extras like - Meat, lettuce, tomato and green chili – be creative!
- Roll them up – cut in the middle and eat…simple!
And of course not to forget a tequila chaser before, after or in the middle…and beer of course - only Mexican!