“Senia” is a traditional Arabic food, very simple and very basic. Although they are usually baked in a “tabun”, I promise you that any home oven will do. The recipe is easy to make, does not require a lot of ingredients and is very tasty and suitable for long days when you don’t have time to invest too much time into cooking. In fact, the whole dish should not take longer than40 minutes to cook. The result is so delicious that it's a pleasure. Although some choose to make this dish with Tahini instead of tomato sauce, that is a recipe for another day!
I give you….”Senia” in tomato sauce…
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop the onion and parsley in a bowl and mix a little with ground beef, half of the pine nuts, Baharat, nutmeg, salt and pepper and form a giant meatball.
- Take a Pyrex dish or a small aluminum mold (how small you ask? The ground meat should fill up the entire top half inches) - Grease the sides good with olive oil.
- Spread the giant meat patty in the pan.
- Spray a little olive oil on top of meat.
- In a bowl, mix the tomato paste with water and pour all over the meat.
- Slice the tomatoes into slices and place it in a single layer on the meat.
- Place in the oven for half an hour.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and a little parsley. Serve over mashed potatoes - the flavors of tomato sauce and meat blend wonderfully with mashed potatoes and turn into an excellent meal that much more.