Focaccia - the most wonderful Italian pastry. Focaccia pizza dough is actually pizza dough with no dressing and cheese - but with other great additions. Suitable for a meal - Italian or not. So here it is, a very simple recipe for making focaccia with the help of a mixer without getting too mixed up!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Put the flour and yeast in a mixer bowl and begin to mix.
- While mixing - add the oil slowly.
- Add the water gradually - until the dough is stabilized. You may not need all the water. Pay attention to the texture.
- Add the salt.
- Continue to mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Mix it with your hands and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle a little flour and let rise for an hour at room temperature (if room is cool – place it in the oven without actually turning it on).
- After rising - roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of a half - three-quarter cm - I like to just stretch the dough in my hands to the desired size.
- Make holes with fingers in the focaccia.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and garlic (also for those who like rosemary leaves).
- Anyone who wants to, can lay over balls of mozzarella and red pepper strips.
- Drizzle olive oil for fun over the focaccia.
- Place in the oven at 530 F for 15 minutes or until top is browned slightly.
Serve with a bowl of olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip.
Best served with antipasti.