Granola can be used as a guest for any healthy breakfast, a snack between meals or an energy snack. It is also a great dish that can be prepared in advance and saved for when needed. I give you one healthy, easy to make and super delicious recipe – Granola!Print Pin Rate
- 1 Pound not instant Oatmeal
- 7 Ounces Almond Chips
- 7 Ounces Pecans
- 1.75 Ounces Optional Melted Butter
- ½ cup Silan is also possible and can be combined Honey
- 1 Cup Currants raisins or Halva
Extras for those who would like:
- 1 Teaspoon Cinamon
- 3 Tablespoons Shredded coconut
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame
- 3.5 Ounces Pumpkin Seeds
- 3.5 Ounces Sunflower Seeds
- A Pinch Salt
- In a large tray, place all the oats, almonds and all continents except the additions of halva and any dried fruit.
- Mix well until all the mixture is fully integrated.
- Now evenly spread on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small pot with the honey or Silan.
- Pour this over the dry mixture which has already been laid out on the baking tray.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon – until the oatmeal has been fully coated by the honey and silan.
- Evenly flatten the mixture and place in an oven preheated to 320 Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about half an hour, whilst every few minutes mixing to make sure that all sides brown evenly.
- Remove from oven.
- Whilst cooling, stir in order to crumble the granola and prevent the creation of large blocks.
- Add the currants / raisins / Halva or other fruits.
- It’s ready!
- Serve with yogurt, milk, cottage cheese, or any other creative supplement - or even by itself!