Granola can be used as a guest for any healthy breakfast, a snack between meals or an energy snack. It is also a great dish that can be prepared in advance and saved for when needed. I give you one healthy, easy to make and super delicious recipe – Granola!
- Prep Time : 3 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Oatmeal - 1 Pound (not instant)
- Almond Chips - 7 Ounces
- Pecans - 7 Ounces
- Melted Butter - 1.75 Ounces (Optional)
- Honey - ½ cup (Silan is also possible and can be combined)
- Currants, raisins or Halva - 1 Cup
- Extras for those who would like:
- Cinamon - 1 Teaspoon
- Shredded coconut - 3 Tablespoons
- Sesame - 3 Tablespoons
- Pumpkin Seeds - 3.5 Ounces
- Sunflower Seeds - 3.5 Ounces
- Salt - A Pinch
- In a large tray, place all the oats, almonds and all continents except the additions of halva and any dried fruit.
- Mix well until all the mixture is fully integrated.
- Now evenly spread on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a small pot with the honey or Silan.
- Pour this over the dry mixture which has already been laid out on the baking tray.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon – until the oatmeal has been fully coated by the honey and silan.
- Evenly flatten the mixture and place in an oven preheated to 320 Fahrenheit.
- Bake for about half an hour, whilst every few minutes mixing to make sure that all sides brown evenly.
- Remove from oven.
- Whilst cooling, stir in order to crumble the granola and prevent the creation of large blocks.
- Add the currants / raisins / Halva or other fruits.
Serve with yogurt, milk, cottage cheese, or any other creative supplement - or even by itself!