Home fries are the crowning dish in any pub or self-respecting burger dish. These more seasoned potatoes – crispy, creamy and sweet, should upgrade any meal.
- Prep Time :30 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes of 1 * 1 centimeters.
- Place in the pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil - and after boiling, lower the heat and simmer for another 20 minutes – light bubble.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion in half slices and separate the layers.
- Take your biggest pan - and heat it with a tablespoon of butter and some olive oil.
- Fry the onion until beginning to turn golden, immediately turn off the heat and remove the onion into bowl.
- When the potatoes are ready (they should be soft but not very) - filter out the water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and a little bit olive oil to a large pan.
- Add the potatoes and take care to have all in one layer.
- Fry without mixing for approx 7-8 minutes until the potatoes start to brown from below.
- Added paprika, salt - and crush the garlic clove in and stir.
- Add the fried onions and stir lightly.
- For those who would like – you can add an egg in and mix well. It adds a crispy texture and melts in nicely. I highly recommend!
- After the entire egg has cooked - Add the sweet chili and stir again for another 2-3 minutes until the chili covers all the potatoes.
- Turn off the heat, transfer to a large bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds generously.
Well done! It’s ready! Serve alongside a schnitzel or burger or just as a treat in front of the TV!