Pickles are the heart of each table when entertaining. Yes, with dips, cheeses, crackers and red napkins placed in a disposable cup that whoever takes one it all drops! In short – there is no such thing is entertaining without pickles. But to really impress your guests - what better than delicious homemade pickles in salt? They are more fresh, more juicy, healthier - and of course unbelievably delicious. Preparation is easy and takes only 5 days ...Print Pin Rate
- Available in any supermarket and a hardware store A sealed box for the pickles
- Small hard fresh about 10-12 cm Pickles
- 10 Bulbs peeled Garlic
- A fresh bunch washed well! Thistle
- 5 Teaspoons Coarse Salt
- 10 grains whole peppercorns comes from the English variety - preferably at home anyway English Pepper
- 2 without leaves cut into 3 sticks Celery Stalks
- 2 Hot Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- liter Water
- First sterilize the container. How to do it? Fill a large pot with water and boil the water. This way the container is sterile and the cucumbers will keep over time.
- In another saucepan - boil a liter of water with salt.
- After boiling, Transfer to a bowl and wait until the water reaches room temperature.
- When they have cooled - open the container.
- Put half a bundle of Thistle, 5 garlic cloves, all spice 5, and one hot pepper.
- Begin to place all the cucumbers in the jar one by one until they are all in or there is no space left.
- Add the salt water to cover cucumbers (need to leave at least cm from the top)
- Add the tablespoon of vinegar.
- Add 5 peppercorns, 5 garlic bulbs, 1 hot pepper, and ontop the other half of the thistle.
- Close the container and seal it.
- Place it at least 5 days in the refrigerator pantry or anywhere that is not exposed to sunlight.
- After 5 days (even weeks) open the container and enjoy household salt pickles…….amazing.
- A tip for the brave - who loves his cucumber spicy - cut each pepper into 3 pieces and put it in the container like that instead of whole.
- Another tip - if after days of marinating you notice a white layer above everything - do not be alarmed, it's only natural – it happened due to the fact there was not enough water or it was slightly exposed to sunlight. Just take a spoon, remove the white part and eat the cucumbers
- Bon Appetite!