- 5 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Oz Melted Butter
- 2 cups + ½ cup to create gnocchi Flour
- One package of dried porcini mushrooms Porcini mushrooms
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Egg yolks
- Cook the potatoes until they soften, when they are ready, mash into puree.
- Meanwhile, soak the porcini mushrooms for 20 minutes in boiling water. Drain and chop in a food processor.
- Add 2oz melted butter, mushrooms, salt and egg yolks to the puree.
- Add the 2 cups of the flour gradually and mix.
- Stir until the dough is smooth. (Avoid of potato chuncks).
- Boil water with salt in a large saucepan.
- On a floured surface, roll the gnocchi into thin “sausage” type pieces - 2 inch thickness and cut to the desired size. (I am in favor of small gnocchi!).
- Add flour from time to time in order to work with the dough.
- Throw the gnocchi into the boiling water until they float (about 3 minutes, depending on the size) and place in a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- It's ready!
- Best served with a choice of cream sauces like salsa rosa sauce with artichoke cream sauce with cauliflower cream and lemon or olive oil and herbs.