Pasta salad with pastrami is one super-delicious salad, refreshing and unique which is suitable for entertaining, holidays, Shabbos meals and much more. It can be used as a light dinner or as a supplement along with a larger meal, buffet or a holiday meal. Serve it cold, and with different flavoured pastramis.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Pasta - 1/2 a pack - about 9oz - pene or tube type
- Zucchini - 1 large or 2 small
- Red Pepper - 1 Large
- Carrots - 2 Medium
- Purple Onion - 1 small or half a large one
- Olives - A handful and a half - green or black
- Pastrami - 3.5 oz of interesting flavours
- Olive Oil - 1/4 Cup
- Oregano - 1 Teaspoon
- Basil - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - As Needed
- Ground Black Pepper - As Needed
- Let’s begin with the pasta - make it according to the manufacturer's instructions - no more than al dente.
- Meanwhile cut the vegetables into strips half cm thick and as long as the pasta.
- Cut the pastrami into strips 1cm thick and as long as the pasta.
- When the pasta is ready - wash it very well under cold water in order for it to cool down.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pan and fry while jogging and stirring for about 3-4 minutes until the onion becomes translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add the zucchini and peppers and continue to fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, basil and oregano - and fry, stirring until the level of the fried zucchini is “well-done” - that is well browned on all sides.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and pour the fried vegetables with oil from the pan.
- Add the pastrami and sprinkle with half the olives over the salad.
- Mix well and good.
- Sprinkle the other half of the olives over the salad.