Pasta salad with pastrami is one super-delicious salad, refreshing and unique which is suitable for entertaining, holidays, Shabbos meals and much more. It can be used as a light dinner or as a supplement along with a larger meal, buffet or a holiday meal. Serve it cold, and with different flavoured pastramis.Print Pin Rate
- 1/2 a pack - about 9oz - pene or tube type Pasta
- 1 large or 2 small Zucchini
- 1 Large Red Pepper
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 small or half a large one Purple Onion
- A handful and a half - green or black Olives
- 3.5 oz of interesting flavours Pastrami
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- Let’s begin with the pasta - make it according to the manufacturer's instructions - no more than al dente.
- Meanwhile cut the vegetables into strips half cm thick and as long as the pasta.
- Cut the pastrami into strips 1cm thick and as long as the pasta.
- When the pasta is ready - wash it very well under cold water in order for it to cool down.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pan and fry while jogging and stirring for about 3-4 minutes until the onion becomes translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add the zucchini and peppers and continue to fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, basil and oregano - and fry, stirring until the level of the fried zucchini is “well-done” - that is well browned on all sides.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and pour the fried vegetables with oil from the pan.
- Add the pastrami and sprinkle with half the olives over the salad.
- Mix well and good.
- Sprinkle the other half of the olives over the salad.