- 1 Cup Persian Rice
- 1 2/3 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- As Needed Salt
- For the rice to come out smooth and not sticky - one by one - Put the rice in a colander and rinse it very well under water. Continue until the water that comes out the other side is just as they entered and not white.
- Then drain the water and place on the side for a few minutes to dry while rocking a colander so all the water comes out.
- In a small pot (I always prefer pots with non-stick coating) Heat the oil until it boils.
- Add the rice and fry the rice for 2-3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When the rice is fried (it gets bright a white shade) Add the boiling water.
- Add the salt - stir lightly with a wooden spoon and close the pot.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Place the pot and do not touch for 18 minutes exactly!
- After 18 minutes - turn off the heat, open the lid of the pot to release steam for 3 seconds and close the pan for another 3 minutes (keep the heat off).
- Open the pot and mix the rice with a wooden spoon.
- It’s ready, simple as that!