Shakshuka is a classic Mediterranean dish of eggs, tomatoes, peppers and onions that are cooked together. Here I present to you the recipe with an easy upgrade of Kabanos sausage that adds great flavor to the shakshouka and make it a real celebration.Print Pin Rate
- 8 or 14 Ounces of diced canned tomatoes Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 about 1oz Kabanos sausage
- 1 Large Red Pepper
- 4 Eggs
- A bunch - chopped Cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Paprika
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon optional Chuma pepper
- Canola Oil
- Coarsely chop the onion and pepper.
- Cut the beef “Kabanos” into circles - half inches thick.
- Cut the tomatoes coarsely.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Put the onion, pepper and beef “Kabanos” in and fry until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and chuma pepper.
- Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Crack the eggs.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir with a wooden spoon lightly the white part of the egg with the sauce - without touching the yellow part!
- Sprinkle the coriander above.
- Close the lid and cook for another 10 minutes until the yellow part reaches your own acceptable level.
- It’s ready!
- Serve with fresh challah, for the mehadrin of you - Serve in the pan itself!