Balsamic Dressing in Red Wine with Mushrooms and Onions – An excellent extra for any chicken and meat recipe. Adds color and flavor to any dish!Print Pin Rate
- 2 Cups Red Wine
- 2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- A basket Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Purple Onion
- Slice the mushrooms into slices.
- Slice the onion into half circle.
- Put the pot over a high heat (no oil) and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon until the onion softens and the mushrooms secrete their fluids.
- Add the wine, balsamic vinegar and sugar and mix very well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook on a low to medium heat for half an hour - 40 minutes - until reduced in half and becomes thick.
- It is ready!