Broccoli cream is a cream based sauce with blanched broccoli heads. Like all cream sauces - broccoli cream sauce is rich, smooth and great for fettuccine pasta!
It is super easy to make and super-delicious!
Due to the fact that this sauce doesn't take too long to make, it is advised to put the pasta in the water as soon as you've finished blanching the broccoli.
- Prep Time :10 minutes
- Cook Time :10 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- In a small saucepan, boil water with a small bit of lemon juice (lemon juice optional)
- When the water is boiling - place the broccoli in and bring the water to a boil once again
- When the water is boiling again - place the broccoli through a filter and then to a bowl. Then place the broccoli in a bowl of freezing water straight away and then again filter and place in a separate bowl
- Take a knife and cut the thicker stalks off the broccoli and leave just the head
- Chop the onion
- In a large and wide pan, heat the butter
- Fry the onion until it becomes clear
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute
- Add the broccoli heads and fry for another 3 minutes - whilst slowly mixing
- Add the cream the spices!
- Cook for 7 minutes on a low heat (once in a while make sure to mix it up a bit)
- Turn the flame off until the pasta is ready
- When the pasta is ready - turn the flame on again - add the pasta and mix until all the pasta is nicely coated with the sauce
Now all that's left to do is sit back and enjoy!