Jerusalem artichoke with cream sauce is a wonderful sauce for all the wide based pasta like fettuccine or pappardelle and of course potato gnocchi. Jerusalem artichokes have a delicate flavor and great texture with cream and a touch of lemon juice - it's so delicious!
- Prep Time :50 minutes
- Cook Time :30 minutes
- Yield : 4 מנות
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Jerusalem artichoke - 3 - about 9 Ounces. It is also possible more - up to 14 Ounces.
- Cream for Cooking - 15% fat. 1/2 Liter (2 boxes)
- Garlic - 2 Cloves
- Nutmeg - A pinch
- Thyme - 2 stalks fresh or dried thyme
- Salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - As Needed
- Lemon Juice - 3 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Chopped chives - For decoration
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and rinse well.
- Put them in a pot with water and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower to a medium – low heat and cook for 20 minutes until artichokes are soft enough that a knife goes through to the other side without a problem.
- At this moment turn off the heat and remove the artichokes from the water to a cutting board - it is very important not to cook the artichokes too much. They will make puree.
- Wait a few minutes for artichokes to cool down - and then cut into small cubes.
- Heat some olive oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- When the oil is hot - Put the garlic cloves in the pot and fry, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Put the artichokes cubes in the pot and fry, stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Shake the cream containers a little and pour them into the pot.
- Add salt and black pepper and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Add a little nutmeg and thyme.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- After boiling lower the heat to minimum and cook for 7 minutes.
- After seven minutes - the sauce was reduced by at least a quarter - turn off the heat.
- In a good quality blender - blend the sauce until there are no lumps or pieces.
Recommended to serve with potato gnocchi or pasta flat and wide - and do not forget to decorate the plate a little with chopped chives.