For the Pinach
- 14 oz - about half a bag - frozen can be bought at any 7/11 Medallions of spinach
- 3 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
For the tasty mixture!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Full Tablespoon Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Full Tablespoons Cottage Cheese
- A pinch - As Needed Salt
Pasta - we recommend pene!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon optional Crushed Chili
- You should put the pasta in the water now - the pasta should be ready before the final stage of the sauce.
Let’s start with the spinach!
- Prepare the spinach using the instructions on the bag (preferably in the microwave). It should be soft and chopped.
- Mix the spinach with the rest of its ingredients (garlic, pepper, salt and lemon juice).
- Set aside.
Prepare the sautéed sauce
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- When butter is melted - Add the flour and cook, stirring until a block like shape has formed.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually add the milk, continually stirring – this should melt the butter and flour block.
- Return to the fire and bring to a boil, stirring constantly - until everything is melted and united.
- When the milk is boiling - Add the cottage cheese and continue to mix until even the cottage cheese melts and becomes one.
- Add a little salt and turn off the heat.
- Wait until the pasta is ready, remove it from the water and wash it down a bit - and continue...
Prepare the sautéed spinach sauce
- In a large skillet (or a wide, flat pan), heat the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chili and fry for 10 seconds until the color starts to come out.
- Add the garlic and fry for 20 seconds.
- Add the spinach and cheese mixture and mix very well.
- When everything is mixed - add the drained pasta and stir with a wooden spoon until all the pasta is covered with sauce.
- You made it, well done! Now enjoy!