This is a great sauce for pasta and especially for those who love it spicy! This pasta sauce combines mushrooms and tomatoes - and the subtle spiciness comes from chili and chopped garlic. Excellent for people who want to refresh their pasta and surprise the taste buds. Best served with penne type pasta. Because the sauce is ready pretty quickly - you may want to start preparing it after placing the pasta into the water - so the sauce will be ready with pasta.Print Pin Rate
- 1 Onion
- 1 Basket Mushrooms
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Chili
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 14 Oz Crushed Tomatoes
- As Needed Salt
- As Needed Ground Black Pepper
- Finely chop the onion into thin strips - and then cut the strips into 3 - 4 pieces. Getting to an outcome of long and thin onion strips.
- Slice the mushrooms into slices half inches wide.
- Chop the garlic finely with a knife. It is better not to mash!
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add the chili to the oil - fry for 30 seconds while rocking the pan – until the chili secretes its colors to the oil.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute, stirring.
- Add the mushrooms and fry, stir for 3 minutes until the mushrooms begin to shrink and change to a darker color.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the crushed tomatoes - Stir, bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes.
- It’s ready!
- It is recommended to pour directly on the filtered pasta and mix everything together.
- Bon Appetit!