Chicken soup with vegetables - tasty, fragrant, nutritious, and most importantly super delicious! Chicken soup with vegetables in a rich broth is the best because of its delicious variety of vegetables that provide amazing tastes and chicken parts that complement the flavors and make the soup a real winter pleasure.
The soup can be done with any part of the chicken you want. If you would like to be able to eat the chicken - Use thighs or breast. If you only want the chicken flavor - use cheaper parts like wings or throats - and simply strain the soup after cooking them. But do not miss out on using the chicken. Its contribution provides immense taste!
At the end there will be tips for those who want to make chicken noodle soup!
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Allergens : Gluten Free
- Chicken - 2lbs. Thighs, calves, drumsticks, throat, wings, chicken breast. You name it!
- Carrot - 2 Large
- Potatoes - 3
- Onion - 2 medium - large
- Celery Stalks - 3 - With the leaves
- Zucchini - 2 Medium
- Leek - 1
- Stalk of Cilantro - 2
- Cabbage - 1/3 Head
- Garlic Cloves - 4-5 Cloves
- Bay Leaves - 3-4
- English Pepper - 10-12 Whole Pieces
- Salt - 2 Tablespoons (Per Taste)
- Water - 4.5 - 5 Lr
- Clean the chicken and place in the pan
- Peel the carrots, potatoes and cilantro stalk
- Cut the carrots, potatoes, zucchini and cilantro into chunks. (the bigger, the better).
- Remove the leaves from the celery stalks, Cut the stalk into small pieces - approx 1.2cm - Chop the leaves
- Peel the onions. If they're small (ones you can fit nicely in your hand when you make a fist) place them in as they are. If they're large, cut into quarters
- Finely chop the cabbage
- Place all the vegetables and leaves into a pot and then fill with water until everything is covered - making sure there is at least 1/2cm of space from the tip
- Peel the garlic and then place it in a spices"filter" with the english peppercorns and place in the pot. If you don't have a spices "filter"- Place the garlic directly in the pot and replace the english peppercorns with ground black pepper.
- Add the slat
- Close the lid and bring to a boil
- When its boiling, bring the heat down to low - medium for an hour
- After an hour - carefully - taste and make amendments if necessary
Chicken soup with vegetables and noodles
- When the soup is already ready - add the noodles to the soup (2 handful should do the job) and cook for another 7 minutes without a lid.