Mushroom & Grits Soup contains a delicious and healthy selection of mushrooms. This dish is especially satisfying and of course...super easy to prepare. It is recommended to prepare this soup especially on rainy winter days when looking for a warm dish that is easy and quick to prepare and of course super-delicious!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Champignon Mushrooms - 1 Basket
- Forest Mushrooms - Basket - you can also use Baby Portobellos or
- Shiitake mushrooms - 3 Mushrooms
- Red lentils - 1 Cup
- Pearl barley - 1 Cup
- Oats - Quick Preperation - 1/2 Cup
- Onion - 1
- salt - Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - Per Taste
- Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - 4 liters
- Soak the mushrooms in boiling water for 20 minutes (according to the preparation instructions on the package).
- Chop the onion.
- Chop the forest and champignon mushrooms into slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion to the olive oil and fry until translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and steam for several minutes.
- Chop the soaked mushrooms and add them to the pan.
- Add the water and lentils and grits.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes - until the pearl barley has softened.
That's it! Bon Apetit!