Inside Out Sushi Sandwich is just like an original sushi sandwich, but the opposite - that the rice is on the outside and the seaweed with the extras are on the inside. The inside out sushi sandwich is fun and delicious! Making a sandwich inside out requires a little more skill than regular sushi or sandwich sushi. Follow the instructions carefully and you will succeed.
- Prepare rice according to the instructions for basic sushi.
- Cut and arrange the extras.
- Take the seaweed, fold over and with a sharp knife - Cut down the middle to get two even pieces.
- Place the seaweed on the surface with the rough side up, and with wet hands arrange a layer of rice on the seaweed and make sure that everything will be covered.
- With the help of a sushi mat and plastic wrap, place on the covered seaweed - holding hands on the mat and seaweed and turn quickly.
- Arrange the extras on one side and make sure they go across the whole length of the seaweed.
- Carefully and gently (I use plastic wrap - and just pick it up in the desired direction) flip the other piece of seaweed with no extras. The result is a sandwich: rice, seaweed, extras, seaweed, rice.
- Flatten the sandwich on the sides with a mat.
- Take a plate and sprinkle panko crumbs on it.
- Carefully transfer sandwich and place on a bed of panko crumbs.
- Press down on the sandwich so that one side is nicely covered in panko crumbs and then flip and do the same to the other side.
- Heat a pan of suitable size with oil.
- When oil is hot carefully transfer the sandwich to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich carefully and fry on the other 2-3 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and with the help of a good, sharp and slightly dampened knife, cute the sushi into squares and then into triangles.
It is ready!
Serve with spicy mayonnaise, soy sauce and teriyaki.