Inside out sushi is just like regular sushi, just in reverse. That is – seaweed on the inside and rice on the outside. In fact, it’s all the same, just the serving is more special. Sushi inside out is not complicated to prepare - but it requires a bit more skill than regular sushi. Do not be discouraged if you squeeze it out the first time - the second time it will come out perfect. For those who have never made sushi before in their life - I recommend to start with a regular sushi and only then do the inside out sushi.Print Pin Rate
- With rice vinegar - recipe below Sushi Rice
- As much as is needed Seaweed
- Details below Extras for the sushi!
- A Pinch - optional Sesame
- A Pinch - optional Black Sesame
- Prepare sushi rice with vinegar recipe here
- Prepare the additions to the sushi. Carrots, cucumbers, avocado, Japanese omelette - whatever you want.
- Prepare a clean work surface, and next to you, put the rice bowl and a bowl of warm water.
- Wrap the sushi mat with plastic wrap and set aside. The plastic will ensure that the rice will not stick to the mat.
- Place the nori seaweed on the surface when the rough up.
- Wet your hands and shake, take a handful of rice and mash the seaweed, creating a thin layer of rice.
- Repeat the process until all the seaweed covered with a thin layer of rice.
- Place the mat wrapped the rice on the side.
- Lift the seaweed from the bottom and hold the mat - and quickly flip it so the mat is facing down, seaweed up and in the middle there is rice.
- Arrange the additions for the sushi a half CM from the edge of one line.
- Now roll like regular sushi - each time making sure the plastic nylon and the mat are stretched on the part of the sushi.
- It’s ready!
- Wet a knife a little and cut the sushi 1 cm thick.
- Serve with soy, wasabi, spicy mayonnaise and teriyaki.